Diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds
Racial Justice Allied
Grief and loss
As a psychotherapist and life coach, I have a breadth of experience in working with the young and old, men and women, individuals, couples, and families. I have directed a center on dying, death, and bereavement and have helped people grieve in a healthy, life-affirming way. I consulted with a psychotherapist center on HIV and AIDS and currently work with those diagnosed with the disorder.
I work with a diversity of clients to facilitate and bring about healthy and positive life changes. My range of clients have included:
- A recently divorced mother dealing with parenting issues.
- A young man who never grieved the death of his father.
- A heterosexual couple whose communication had broken down and they had not had a sexual relationship in many years.
- A Lesbian couple who were living together and had different parenting styles and differences in money management.
- A young couple who reached out because he had been seeing another woman for a year.
- A young man who was transitioning from a male to a female and dealing with angry and unaccepting parents.
- An adolescent dealing with his need to belong and make healthy choices.
- A teenage boy whose parents called me because he was failing in school and coming home at all hours of the night.
- A young woman in her early twenties who was dealing with major issues of anxiety and depression
- An older woman in an unhappy marriage who felt stuck and afraid.
- A young man who was a high-powered executive with a new baby, but the marriage was falling apart.
- A teenage girl who refused to return to school because her mother was at home diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Additionally, As a psychotherapist, I have dealt with major medical issues throughout my life and because of this, I work with clients coping with long-term chronic illness and help them live their lives in the healthiest way possible.
I love the work I do and I welcome you to contact me with any life issues you would like to discuss.