Therapy is not just for those who are experiencing difficult times or on the brink of calling it quits. Couples in any stage of a relationship can benefit from the advice of a mental health professional. If you plan on living together, getting married or having a baby, couples therapy in Los Angeles is a good idea. Here’s why.
Why Couples Therapy?
“Therapy” or “Counseling” tends to sound a bit dramatic when, in reality, it is a healthy step towards improvement for any individual or a relationship. It shows that you are committed to achieving the best you can be when it comes to interpersonal skills and overall mental health. If you want a healthy relationship, it starts with a healthy you.
So what does this entail? Let’s take a look at what you can expect when you are seeking couples counseling or any in Los Angeles.
- Your therapist will ask questions in an effort to know you better.
- It is important to be honest and willing to talk about uncomfortable things. The success of couples therapy depends upon how open you choose to be regarding your concerns, your desires and misunderstandings.
- Sessions will typically be with both parties together. However, it does help to meet individually soemtimes when both the therapist and individual believe it will be more helpful.
- Clear communication is the basis for a healthy relationship.
- “Homework” or assignments for you and your partner to work on in between sessions will be part of the process.
Whether you are in the midst of a troubled relationship or you have a healthy relationship and want to make it better, you might consider Los Angeles couples therapy.
Couples Therapy in Los Angeles
Michelle Webber has extensive experience in providing couples therapy in Los Angeles. Her unique approach and expertise has helped couples of all ages and in all stages of partnership improve communication, overcome obstacles, and set healthy goals. Contact Michelle today by calling (323) 301-0083, or click this link to send a message online.